Public Affairs Manager
Guiding Principles Set for Marina of the Future
Thinking outside of the box ...
In 2016, the Port of Everett hired Maul Foster Alongi to help assemble and engage a diverse citizen Ad Hoc Committee to develop guiding principles to help the Port achieve the future vision of the Marina. The Ad Hoc group consisted of a variety of boaters, business owners, engineers and developers who met over a six-month period to help shape these principles. The guiding principles listed below will help form the Marina Business Plan that Port staff will develop in the coming years.
- Support year-round activity on the waterfront and fund an active promotional campaign
- Deploy innovative lease, management, finance, and construction options, including privatization, to achieve financial sustainability
- Integrate upland vessel storage and in-water moorage
- Consider the application of tiered service levels reflected in fee structure for moorage
- Keep marina moorage rates competitive with other public and private marinas in the region
- Design and build new marina facilities to be flexible in response to market changes
- Provide moorage and services that support both commercial and recreational vessels
- Design marina facilities to work with, not in opposition to, the natural hydraulic and sediment conditions
- Develop user-friendly connectivity between marina basins and downtown Everett