Over the last several years, the Port of Everett has been undertaking numerous improvement projects for the historic Weyerhaeuser Building. Some of the completed improvements to date include, roof repairs, heating upgrades and interior improvements to restore the building.
The first phase of work was completed in 2010, and the Port is seeking grant funding to make additional improvements to put the building back into use.
The Port, which owns the building, is considering it for use as an events venue for corporate meetings, small gatherings and other occasions. A portion of the building could also be used for office space.
The building was built in 1923 and has been moved twice since its construction. The building is historically significant, as it served as the wood products showroom for the Weyerhaeuser Company. The building was originally located at Mill A, which is currently the Portís South Terminal shipping facility. In 1938, the building was moved via barge to Mill B, now the Portís Riverside property. It was barged again in 1984 after the Port purchased and relocated the building to its South Marina property.