Project Quick Facts:
- 2013: $35,000
- 2014: $2.565 million
Timeline: Present to Early 2015
Steve Hager, P.E.
Phone: 425.252.7902 | E-mail
April 2015: Project Complete!
Port of Everett, City of Mukilteo Celebrate New Era for Mukilteo's Waterfront
About the project
On Sept. 18, the Port of Everett went out for construction bid to complete roadway and utility improvements at Mount Baker Terminal, the Port’s satellite shipping facility located in Mukilteo.
The planned roadway and utility improvements include:
- Construction of an approximate ¼ mile of roadway, including sidewalk, storm drainage, street lighting, fencing and landscaping
- Installation of a water line and sanitary sewer line
- Landscaping at Edgewater Beach parking lot; and
- Construction of a 960 square foot maintenance storage building to serve the terminal.
The Port of Everett’s Mount Baker Terminal was constructed and put into operation in 2005. This shipping facility plays a critical role in the local aerospace logistics chain, allowing the Port of Everett to transport 100-percent of the oversized aerospace parts for the 747, 767, 777 and so to be 777X programs.
This project will complete the necessary infrastructure improvements for the site that were deferred pending the completion of the Mukilteo Tank Farm property transfer from the U.S. Air Force to the Port. With the transfer now complete, the Port is ready to construct these improvements to support the Mount Baker Terminal facility, and improve public access to Edgewater Beach.
Work Completed to Date:
- Project design and planning
- Advertised for construction bids (Sept. 2014)
- Received bids (Oct. 2014)
- Awarded construction contract to Strider Construction (Oct. 2014)
- Construction of roadway and utilities (December 2014 - April 2015)
- None; Project Complete