Project Quick Facts
- 2013: $4.8 Million
- 2014: $5.3 Million
Timeline: Present - Early 2015
Erik Gerking, L.G., PMP
Environmental Remediation Administrator
Phone: 425.388.0604 | E-mail
Please Note: Night work will occur when tide levels restrict activity during regular construction hours.
Noise Concerns? Call 425.388.0269
Historical Project Timeline
About the Project
The Port of Everett, under a Consent Decree with the Department of Ecology, is executing a final cleanup action at the Former Everett Shipyard site that removes contaminated soil from the upland area and removes contaminated sediment from the in-water sediments.
This project includes building demolition, contaminated soil excavation, marine demolition, stormwater improvements, removal and replacement of a bulkhead, and contaminated sediment dredging. The Port is integrating this work with the Waterfront Place Central development, including bulkhead replacements, realignment of the marina, and construction of new public access amenities.
This environmental cleanup project provides jobs throughout the cleanup process and revitalizes the area for redevelopment that will facilitate economic stability and vitality of the Port of Everett waterfront.
This project is the first major step toward the redevelopment of Waterfront Place Central. It provides a cleaner waterfront that the entire Everett community can enjoy and opens the door for further investment to create economic opportunities.
Work Completed to Date:
- Building demolition (completed in 2012)
- Upland cleanup (completed in 2013)
- Started work on in-water portion of the project, and so far have completed the removal of aging infrastructure, including the old marine railway, 14th Street Travelift, L, M and N docks and creosote pilings throughout the marina (Sept. 2014)
- Completed Environmental Documents:
Under a Department of Ecology Agreed Order:
- RI/FS Work Plan
- RI/FS Report
- Cleanup Action Plan
Under a Department of Ecology Consent Decree
- Final Design Sampling
- Engineering Design Report
- Federal, state and local permitting
- Corps of Engineers Nationwide Permit 38
- WDFW – Hydraulic Project Approval
- City of Everett Shoreline Permit
- City of Everett Public Works/Building Permit
- Dredging (complete by Feb. 15, 2015)
- Bulkhead reconstruction (Segments A & B)
- Installation of site utilities
- Installation of a temporary public access trail
- Realignment of Central Marina docks - Phase 1
- None; Project Complete