Port of Everett Invites Community to 16th Annual Holiday on the Bay Festival on Dec. 2
Kick off the holidays with us at Waterfront Place Saturday, Dec. 2, noon – 6 p.m., at Pacific Rim Plaza (1028 13th Street, Everett, WA 98201)
The Port of Everett invites you to join us for a day of family fun at the waterfront during its 16th annual Holiday on the Bay festival taking place Saturday, Dec. 2, from noon – 6 p.m. at Waterfront Place.
Rain or shine, festivalgoers will gather in and around the Port’s Pacific Rim Plaza, near Hotel Indigo (1028 13th Street, Everett, WA 98201), for the day’s outdoor festivities including a pop-up holiday market, free kids’ activities from winter crafts, face painting and balloon creations to touch-a-truck (and boat!), s’mores roasting at fire pits and character meet-and-greets. The day’s fun leads up to the annual waterfront tree-lighting ceremony and appearance from Santa and lighted boats on parade.
The annual holiday toy drive, family photo worthy lighting displays, food vendors and holiday specials at select waterfront restaurants are also on the agenda.
Below is a snapshot of what’s planned.
Click here for a printer-friendly schedule of the day’s events.
- Noon – 6 p.m.: Holiday pop up market featuring local vendors (vendor applications being accepted thru Nov. 10) and select food trucks.
- Noon – 6 p.m.: FREE family fun, including:
- Winter-themed crafts with our partners at Imagine Children’s Museum
- Touch-a-truck with local partners including the Everett Fire Department, Snohomish County PUD, Everett Sea Scouts and more
- S’mores roasting at fire pits around Pacific Rim Plaza
- Air brush face painting and balloon twisted creations by Giggles Entertainment
- Live holiday steel drums music by Panessence
- Family photo opportunities
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.: A chance to meet and snap a photo with “Frozen”-inspired Ice Queen and Ice Princess from Enchanting Events
- 5 p.m.: Annual waterfront tree-lighting ceremony at the Port’s “frozen fountain” tree (SNOW is in the forecast!) and appearance from Santa by boat
- 5:30 p.m.: Lighted boat parade organized by Mukilteo Yacht Club kicks off, departing from Guest Dock 5 at Pacific Rim Plaza
Looking for ways to give back this holiday season? The Port’s annual Holiday on the Bay toy drive for Marine Toys for Tots is back again, accepting NEW, unwrapped toys for children in need. Please bring toy donations now thru Dec. 1 to the donation box located inside the Port’s Waterfront Center lobby near the Scuttlebutt entrance or bring them by the Holiday on the Bay festival on Dec. 2. You can also “run” them by on Dec. 3 if you are planning to participate in the new Holiday on the Bay 5K.
The Port of Everett and Snohomish Running Company recently announced partnering to bring a new running event to Snohomish County. The inaugural Holiday on the Bay 5K will be held Sunday, Dec. 3, starting and finishing at the Port’s Pacific Rim Plaza. The chip-timed run/walk starts at 9 a.m. Participants will enjoy a flat route with sweeping views of the Marina, Port Gardner Bay and the Olympic Mountains. Registration includes a race shirt (register by Nov. 15 to guarantee your shirt size) and finisher medal. Register @ www.portofeverett.com/holidayonthebay5K. Early bird pricing available thru Nov. 10.
Also, back by popular demand this winter season at Pacific Rim Plaza is the return of the real ice pop-up rink – Pacific Ice. The Port is excited to partner once again with Blue Line Sports and Entertainment to offer this family-friendly attraction. This year’s program is made possible thanks to support by presenting sponsor Dwayne Lane’s Auto Family and runs daily from Nov. 25, 2023 thru Jan. 8, 2024, offering public ice-skating sessions and private event rentals. During Pacific Ice, enjoy the ooey-gooey goodness of s’mores at “Fire & Ice” on Fridays and Saturdays and meet fan-favorite characters at the rink on “Magical Mondays” (free with ice-skating ticket). Full details coming soon.
Again, a big shout out to presenting Sponsor Dwayne Lane’s Auto Family. We also want to thank Bronze Sponsor Puget Sound Energy for supporting this community event! Learn more and purchase tickets @ www.portofeverett.com/pacificice.
The Port’s winter festivities, including Holiday on the Bay, are funded in part by a City of Everett Lodging Tax Advisory Committee grant.
Visit www.portofeverett.com/holidayonthebay to learn more.
For more information, contact Catherine Soper, Port of Everett Communications & Marketing Director, at email@example.com.